Under the new lockdown restrictions, the club is currently closed so no coaching will be taking place until further notice. Read more here
Ace Amit Coaching is a premier tennis provider and proud provider of coaching at Cheam LTC. Whether you’re a beginner, an expert or somewhere in between, they believe in making it possible for anyone to enjoy tennis!
- New to tennis? Try out an adult taster course before joining
- Come along to our popular Holiday Tennis Camps for kids aged 4 to 16
- Has your kid never picked up a racket? Are they aged 4-18? Then join one of our term-time junior courses which is the perfect way to introduce them to tennis
Cheam LTC Coaching Team
Head Coach – Amit
Our resident PTR Professional and LTA Level 3 registered head coach is Amit Mohindra.
Amit has over 20 years coaching experience at a variety of clubs, schools and councils. He has been coaching at Cheam LTC for over 10 years, and during that time the coaching programme has gone from strength to strength. Amit is available to give group or individual lessons, tailored to your requirements and catering for all playing standards.
- LTA Level 3 accredited plus coach
- PTR Professional instructor
- RPT Tennis Director
- Emergency First Aid at Work & DBS Check
- Private Lesson Price: £40ph (discounts for block lessons)
- Contact Amit: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Head Coach – Ash
- LTA Level 3 accredited coach
- Represents the Cheam LTC Men’s 1st Team
- Cheam LTC Men’s Doubles Champion (2020)
- Emergency First Aid at Work & DBS Check
- Available for hitting sessions: £20ph
- Private Lesson Price: £30ph (discounts for block lessons)
- Special January Offer: Buy 4 lessons, get the 5th for FREE
- Contact Ash: email@example.com
Performance Coach – Shaun
Shaun Malcolm is a well respected LTA Level 4 performance coach in the UK and has been managing coaching programmes and teams to deliver excellence in tennis from grassroots to international level. Shaun runs junior squad sessions with some of our performance juniors at Cheam LTC.
Please see our performance page
For Adults, we run weekly team practice sessions that have helped many players improve their game. This is reflected in team results where Cheam LTC now run 7 Men’s teams, 2 Ladies’ teams, and several junior teams all competing in the Surrey League.
We also run designated improver group classes both in the morning and at night to give people an opportunity to get into tennis. Try out an adult coaching course at Cheam LTC.
Finally, we run Cardio Tennis on a Wednesday & Saturday morning which is a fun, sociable group fitness class set on a tennis court! No prior tennis ability is required! Perfect for novices to the sport.
Adult group coaching times are given in the table below:
|Monday||7.30-8.45pm||Advanced Team Training||Invitational|
|Tuesday||9.30-10.30am||Tennis Tuesdays for Improver & Intermediate Ladies||Book Here|
|Wednesday||8.00-9.15pm||Advanced Team Training||Invitational|
|Thursday||6.30-7.30pm||Tennis Xpress Course for Beginners||Book Here|
|Thursday||7.30-8.45pm||Improvers & Intermediates||Join Waiting List|
|Friday||10.00-11.00am||Doubles Workshop for Improvers & Intermediates||Book Here|
|Saturday||10.00-11.00am||Cardio Tennis||Book Here|
|Sunday||4.30-5.45pm||Improvers & Intermediates||Book Here|
For all adult coaching inquiries, please contact Amit Mohindra on 07947 408901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior coaching is provided by Ace Coaching and open to kids aged between 3 and 18. Our specially trained coaches will ensure each and every kid has a great tennis experience within an inclusive environment. Whatever age or standard, we will have a group for your child.
Junior Coaching sessions are run after school on weekdays from 3:30 pm, and also on Saturday mornings from 9 am. Find a class here.
Children are split into groups depending on age and ability. There are options for players to attend multiple times a week and opportunities to play in competitions at Cheam LTC and the surrounding area.
What you can expect?
- Top-class tennis lessons from one of Cheam LTC’s fantastic coaches
- ABCs development (Agility, Balance and Co-ordination)
- Learn to Rally, Serve and Score
- End of term report to track your child’s progress
- Competition and Matchplay Opportunities
If you are interested in joining the junior coaching programme, please contact Amit to arrange a FREE TRIAL LESSON – Call 07947 408901 or email email@example.com
We also run kids tennis camps during the school holidays for children aged between 5 and 14. Morning, afternoon, and full-day options are available.